WellPregnancy doula trainings teach you how to turn your passion for birth into a career. You can make a difference by providing emotional, physical, and informational support as a CAPPA doula! To register please click here.
Attend a CAPPA labor doula training in Westford, MA on September 9-10, 2017 or November 11-12, 2017. Tuition is $500, which includes the comprehensive two-day training, the CAPPA manual, and mentoring with Julie Brill. All WellPregnancy students are invited to join the WellPregnancy Facebook support group. When possible, WellPregnancy will refer certifying doulas to families seeking doula support. Click here to learn what students are saying about these trainings. Learn the top ten reasons to take a WellPregnancy training.
Labor doula training topics include:
- Developing your doula skills so you can turn your passion for birth into a career
- Discussing a labor doula’s Scope of Practice and Professional Ethics
- Reviewing fundamentals of labor and birth
- Practicing proven pain-coping techniques and emotional support for labor
- Identifying ways to engage and support birth partners
- Enhancing your understanding of the risks and benefits of medications, interventions, cesarean birth and VBAC
- Supporting parents during breastfeeding, the postpartum period, and possible unexpected outcomes
- Marketing your services
- Building and running a successful doula business
- Plenty of time practicing hands on support skills, engaging in roll playing and group work, discussing possible scenarios, and learning how to get your business rolling!
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
These intensive workshops are taught by veteran educator Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD, who has mentored hundreds of CAPPA professionals. She will be available to mentor you as you go through your certification process, begin your doula business, and beyond. All trainings are approved by CAPPA, which offers the highest level of evidence-based training available, and is the fastest growing childbirth education organization in the world. Workshops are a major step in the CAPPA certification process. CAPPA is the only organization to certify labor and postpartum doulas, childbirth and lactation educators, and prenatal fitness instructors. For information about certification requirements, please visit www.cappa.net. Student nurses are welcome at all trainings. No medical background is required. Labor doula trainings provide eighteen CEUs.
Questions? Please email Julie (at) WellPregnancy.com.
To register please click here.
- 50% fewer Cesarean Sections
- 25% shorter labors
- 40% less use of pitocin
- 30% less use of narcotics
- 30% less use of forceps
- 60% fewer requests for epidurals
- Improved breastfeeding and bonding
- More satisfaction with the birth process
Doulas are so effective at providing emotional and physical support for birthing women and their families that Dr. John H. Kennell has said, “If a doula were a drug it would be unethical not to use it.” Watch the short video below to see what some families have to say about their CAPPA doulas:
Don’t let distance be a barrier to attending! Many students travel to attend. I can help you find a roommate and suggest local accommodations.