Pregnant? Interested in taking an empowering natural childbirth class in the Greater Boston area? WellPregnancy private, independent classes give you what you need: quality education that increases your confidence, normalizes pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding, practices effective contraction rituals and support techniques, teaches informed decision making, and helps with values clarification. Fill your tool box with accurate information and techniques that work!
Take a three-hour class in Bedford, MA that covers your specific questions, is tailored to your needs and interests, and is scheduled at a time that works for you. This is not your typical hospital class! Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD brings twenty-five years of experience teaching childbirth classes to her work with you. Classes emphasize that birth is a normal, natural event that can be tremendously empowering and are suitable for families who are pregnant with their first child, planning a VBAC, looking for home birth preparation, or seeking a refresher. Tuition is $200. Check with your health insurance to see if they will reimburse you.
Classes can cover:
- How to optimize your healthy pregnancy with nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction during pregnancy
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Stages and phases of labor
- Comfort measures and contraction rituals for labor including positions, massage, breathing, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, focal points, affirmations, verbal support, rebozos, birth balls, peanut balls, and hot/cold therapy
- Progressive relaxation and labor visualization
- Labor support techniques and communication
- Informed consent, advocating for yourself during labor, and birth plans, including a birth plan consult if desired
- Complications, interventions, and pharmaceutical pain relief
- Indications for cesareans, cesarean procedures and recovery, gentle cesareans, and avoiding an unnecessary cesarean
- The postpartum period
- Choosing a provider and place of birth
- Plenty of time for practice and questions
Email Julie (at) WellPregnancy.com to register for a class that fits your schedule.
“We all come from a long line of grandmothers, going all the way back to the beginning of time, who have successfully given birth. While you labor, remember that your body know what to do as well as your grandmothers’ bodies did. And your baby knows how to be born. He or she is part of that same ancient line.” -Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD