A private class with lactation consultant Julie Brill, IBCLC, CCCE is tailored to your needs and questions.
When families take a breastfeeding class during pregnancy they have a better understanding of how breastfeeding works, and what to expect when feeding and caring for their newborn. By understanding about latch before your baby is born, you're less likely to have issues with nipple soreness postpartum.
Classes usually cover:
- Demand and supply: how you make milk and how to protect your supply
- The early days; the importance of nursing early and often and what life with a new baby looks like
- Newborn behavior: how to know when your baby is hungry, satisfied, and getting enough to eat
- The mechanics of latch: what an effective latch looks and feels like
- Tips and tricks: ways to make it easier as you learn to breastfeed
- Milk removal and storage: pumping, hand expression, and how to store your precious milk