Take a three-hour class in Bedford, MA that covers your specific questions, is tailored to your needs and interests, and is scheduled at a time that works for you. This is not your typical hospital class!
Email Julie (at) WellPregnancy.com to register for a class that fits your schedule.
Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD, IBCLC brings twenty-five years of experience teaching childbirth classes to her work with you.
Classes emphasize that birth is a normal, natural event that can be tremendously empowering and are suitable for families who are pregnant with their first child, planning a VBAC, looking for home birth preparation, or seeking a refresher.
Tuition is $250. Check with your health insurance to see if they will reimburse you.
Classes can cover:
- How to optimize your healthy pregnancy with nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction during pregnancy
- Stages and phases of labor
- Comfort measures and contraction rituals for labor including positions, massage, breathing, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, focal points, affirmations, verbal support, rebozos, birth balls, peanut balls, and hot/cold therapy
- Skills for partners: labor support techniques, doula tricks and communication
- Informed consent, advocating for yourself during labor, and birth plans, including a birth plan consult if desired
- Complications, interventions, and pharmaceutical pain relief
- Indications for cesareans, cesarean procedures and recovery, gentle cesareans, and avoiding an unnecessary cesarean
- The postpartum period
- Choosing a provider and place of birth
- Plenty of time for practice and questions